Genashtim Sdn. Bhd. receives the “Caring Employer Award” at the Jamin Kerja Career Expo Carnival Keluarga Malaysia 2022.
On 25 July 2022, Genashtim Sdn. Bhd. is honored to receive the ‘Caring Employer Award’ under the PWD category, from the Social Security Organization (PERKESO) at the JaminKerja Career Expo Carnival Keluarga Malaysia 2022, held from 23 – 28 July. This award is a testament to Genashtim’s relentless pursuit to empower marginalized groups by providing gainful and sustainable employment opportunities to disadvantaged communities, particularly people with disabilities (PWDs).
Since April 2020, Genashtim Sdn. Bhd. has employed 51 Malaysians under the initiative of PERKESO, and almost 50% are people with disabilities. Currently, 70% of Genashtim’s staff are PWDs with various disabilities, while the remaining 30% are from other disadvantaged groups.
This accolade encourages Genashtim to continue moving forward with its social mission to leverage technology and the internet to connect marginalized communities to the global economy.
Jamin Kerja Career Expo Carnival Keluarga Malaysia 2022
Genashtim is among the 1000 employers who participated in the Jamin Kerja Career Expo Carnival Keluarga Malaysia 2022 organized by Malaysia’s Social Security Organization (PERKESO), an agency under the Human Resources Ministry, at the World Trade Centre (WTC), Kuala Lumpur. This year’s career expo offered 30,000 job opportunities from more than a thousand employers in tourism, hospitality, entrepreneurship, finance, services and training.
The week-long event was graced by Malaysia’s Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, Minister of Human Resources Datuk Seri M. Saravanan, Minister of Higher Education Datuk Seri Noraini Ahmad, the Chairman of PERKESO Datuk Seri Dr Mohammed Azman Aziz Mohammed, and the Chief Executive of HRD Corp, Datuk Shahul Dawood at the event’s opening ceremony last Saturday.