Work from Home and Stay Motivated
COVID-19 has completely changed how we live and work. Work-from-home has become a global phenomenon as the coronavirus plunges humanity into lockdown or restricted movement. Although things are slowly returning to normal with the manufacturing industry opening operations, ushering in workers, many still work from home.
Working from home can make you unmotivated and less productive due to paradoxical reasons; you either get too comfortable or too distracted. But all is not lost. You can maximise your productivity of working from home by following these ways:
• Designate a workspace at home. Don’t sit in front of the TV with your laptop because it can be very attention shattering.
• Be organised. Set self-made goals and self-recommended deadlines. Apps like Time Doctor and Trello can help.
• Micromanage the workload. Separate work into chunks for the whole day or week so that it is easier to manage.
• Stay connected with your co-workers and superior. You are not alone in this. Although your colleagues are not physically present, stay connected with them via apps like Skype and Microsoft Teams.
• Boost productivity by taking breaks. Remember not to overwork yourself and take breaks for lunch like you would in an office setting.
• Reward yourself for a job well-done. It’s okay to feel good about yourself when you have successfully completed tasks. Watch a movie or have a cookie as your reward.
Follow these steps and stay in top form during your work-from-home stint. These are little things that make a big difference.
Visit our website for more information:
Leave a Reply